Facility Use at American Academy
We welcome and encourage community members to consider renting the Cafeteria and the Gym at American Academy for group activities! Contact Jen Tucker
about availability of space.
Affiliated Non-Profit Organization
Gym = $30.00/hr
Cafeteria = $20.00/hr
Turf Field = $15.00/hr
Classroom = $15.00/hr (only available until 4:30 pm on school days with teacher consent)
Gym and Cafeteria = $50.00/hr
Gym and Turf Field = $45.00/hr
Gym, Cafeteria and Turf Field = $65.00/hr
Non-Affiliated Non-Profit Organization
Gym = $45.00/hr
Cafeteria = $30.00/hr
Turf Field = $25.00/hr
Classroom = $20.00/hr (only available until 4:30 pm on school days with teacher consent)
Gym and Cafeteria = $70.00/hr
Gym and Turf Field = $65.00/hr
Gym, Cafeteria and Turf Field = $95.00/hr
Affiliated Commercial Rental Rates
Gym = $70.00/hr
Cafeteria = $45.00/hr
Turf Field = $40.00/hr
Classroom = $35.00/hr (only available until 4:30 pm on school days with teacher consent)
Gym and Cafeteria = $125.00/hr
Gym and Turf Field = $115.00/hr
Gym, Cafeteria and Turf Field = $160.00/hr
Non-Affiliated Commercial Organization
Gym = $90.00/hr
Cafeteria = $55.00/hr
Turf Field = $50.00/hr
Classroom = $40.00/hr (only available until 4:30 pm on school days with teacher consent)
Gym and Cafeteria = $140.00/hr
Gym and Turf Field = $125.00/hr
Gym, Cafeteria and Turf Field = $180.00/hr
Rental Reservations and Payment
All facility users must submit a deposit check for $100.00 for each rental agreement in addition to the rental fee. The deposit will be held for the duration of the rental and then shredded. We do not hold checks over the summer or carry them over to new rental agreements.
Full payment must be made at the time of application, including the deposit. You are not required to book more than one date at a time; however, if you are interested in using a specific day of the week or time for a duration longer than a single date, we cannot guarantee availability unless you reserve and pay for all of those times in advance.
If you must cancel your Rental Event, a written notification of cancellation (email is acceptable) must be received by American Academy (Facilities Director or the Operations Lead) at least ten (10) working days prior to the start date of the Rental Event in order to avoid any financial obligation. Cancellations after that time may not be eligible for a full Rate Fee refund (10% will be subtracted for every day past 10 days up to 100% of the total Rate Fee), subject to American Academy's discretion. Deposits are 100% non-refundable in the case of a cancellation made less than 10 days before the event start date.
Proof of Insurance and Background Checks
All renters MUST supply a current Certificate of Insurance, with American Academy named as "additional insured" (IMPORTANT!), in order to rent space at American Academy. If you intend for someone from your organization to teach American Academy students, those individuals must EACH undergo a background check and be fingerprinted at your expense through the Sheriff's Department. No renter may be regularly in front of American Academy students without first obtaining this background check.
Instructions for Rental Application
- Review the American Academy Facility Policy.
- After we discuss with you the dates and times you wish to rent, we will send you a Facility Use Contract (Microsoft Excel).
- If everything is correct, print both the Facility Use Contract (Excel Sheet TAB 1) and the Indemnity Agreement (Excel sheet TAB 2). If you find something in error or you would like to make a change, please contact Jen Tucker.
- Check the boxes and sign both the Facility Use Contract and the Indemnity Agreement where indicated.
- Bring in, or mail, the completed and signed Facility Use Contract and Indemnity Agreement along with your Rental Fee check and your Deposit Check ($100.00).
- Jen Tucker or another American Academy representative will co-sign the Facility Use Contract when you come in and secure your rental space on our event calendar.