**For the most current info: https://www.castlepinesco.gov/cpprecon/
The City of Castle Pines and Castle Pines North Metro District are partnering on this joint infrastructure project to rebuild a half-mile segment of Castle Pines Parkway and replace the existing water main between Yorkshire Drive and Monarch Boulevard starting June 21, 2021. This project is just the first major component in the rehabilitation of the City’s two major roads!
Project Improvements for Better Mobility and Safety:
- Reconstruction of this stretch of roadway will replace crumbling infrastructure with a new asphalt roadway to serve the community for years.
- Removal and replacement of aging curb and gutter to create a safer ride for bicyclists.
- Installing 6′ bicycle lanes in both directions.
- The existing sidewalk on the north side of the parkway will be rebuilt and a new, detached 8′ wide sidewalk installed.
- All new ADA pedestrian curb ramps will be constructed providing better access for people with disabilities.
- Crews are currently out excavating, laying pipe, removing inlets and pouring concrete for inlets for the remainder of the week. Next up will be grading and putting in base course to start asphalt.
- Full eastbound lane closure began June 21, 2021
- Construction began: June 21, 2021 – alternate routes are advised for both vehicles and bicyclists
- Anticipated completion: December 2021