Welcome to American Academy! Upon verbal acceptance of enrollment at the school, parents must complete the required paperwork so the Registrar can secure the student's spot at American Academy as soon as possible.
Please complete the following instructions!
Turn in all required registration forms within one (7 calendar days) week of invitation to enroll.
In order for us to process your registration (and secure your spot at American Academy), ALL of the required registration forms (listed and linked below) are due to the American Academy front office at your campus within ONE week of your invitation to enroll. NOTE: Some forms can be completed electronically, but we require you to turn in a printed copy to complete your registration.
- Families have ONE WEEK to submit necessary paperwork to American Academy. If paperwork is not submitted, American Academy will assume you are declining the offer of enrollment and your student's spot will be released to the next student on our wait list.
- Incomplete enrollment paperwork packets will not be accepted. Please drop paperwork IN PERSON to the front office. We are required by DCSD to see the original birth certificate, driver's license and proof of residency. We will make copies of those items to keep in the file.
Proof of residency submitted must be your CURRENT address of residence; do not provide a proof of residency for a planned or future address. If you reside outside of Douglas County School District at the time we extend an offer, but indicated you lived in-district at the time of the lottery, we will be required to rescind any offers of enrollment and will adjust your waitlist position to reflect out-of-district residency. Per our school's charter contract with DCSD, we are legally obligated to extend offers of enrollment to in-district families before we extend offers to out-of-district families.
- From your personal records, one per student:
- Student birth certificate (the original PLUS one copy for EACH student
- Current student immunization record
This form is provided by your child's physician but does not have to be signed by the physician. If you do not have current immunization records or if your child has not been immunized, you are required to complete either the "Personal Reasons" or "Religious Reason" exemption form. These exemption forms are available at the American Academy front office.
- One form of Proof of Residency-Utility Bills and Purchase Agreements are not acceptable
- Warranty Deed with notarized letter; OR
- Deed of Trust; OR
- Lease agreement; OR
- Tax notice
- NOTE: If parents are separated or divorced, each parent must provide a separate Proof of Residency
- Any legal documentation applicable to the family (parenting plans, restraining orders, etc.)
Complete all IEP and 504 information.
Families wishing to enroll students on specialized educations plans (IEP, ALP, ELD, etc.) in a charter school are encouraged to read the Guidance to Parents Seeking Enrollment in a Charter School
document and familiarize themselves with the process American Academy uses to evaluate our ability to provide a student with a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
As part of the charter school enrollment process, American Academy asks parents to disclose if a student has qualified for and is on a specialized education plan. The purpose of this question is to allow us to review the information necessary to be sure we have the services available at American Academy to provide that student with FAPE. If parents withhold information pertaining to a potential student’s specialized education plan, the enrollment of that student will be contingent on a determination by the special education team that the student's needs can be met at American Academy.
Enrolled? Now get connected.
Go to the main Enrollment page, and click on the Get Connected link
on the right. You'll be able to connect with American Academy on Facebook, Twitter, Newsletters and Emergency Communication.
Email the registrar with questions.
We know that the initial registration process can be a little overwhelming, so please don't hesitate to email our registrar or contact the front office (during the school year) for help! The checklists provided below will help keep you on track as well. And if you have any questions about forms, student records, or any other aspects of school transfers and registration, please email our Registrar.