American Academy is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with students at all levels, from pre-kindergarten to middle school. We are seeking dedicated individuals who share our passion and commitment for inclusive excellence in education and in meeting the academic needs of all students. Official experience and/or a state teaching license is good, but we welcome those with informal experience too.
Our full day substitute rate is $150/day & $175/day for long term assignments. We have three campuses and we work with you to prioritize your choice of campus, subject, grades, and classrooms.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate.
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans.
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and a positive learning environment.
Recommended Substitute Teacher Requirements
- College degree (K – 8th Education preferred) from accredited US college
- At least 1 year substitute teaching in US
- Must be able to attend school’s substitute orientation session
- Fingerprints/background check
- Minimum of four references
- CDE Substitute Authorization preferred
American Academy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.