American Academy (AA) has openings for substitute preschool teachers in our KindiePrep program at our Parker campus.
- Adhere to the mission and philosophy of American Academy with enthusiasm, commitment, and integrity.
- Teach American Academy's curriculum with fidelity.
- Uphold and model American Academy’s Character program.
- Adhere to the Rules and Regulations set by the Department of Human Services, Child Care Licensing Division.
- Maintain and respect confidential information.
- Maintain a disciplined and controlled classroom that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies.
- Ensure the health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facility.
- Reports to KindiePrep office upon arrival at school.
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Implement lesson plans, according to the teacher’s directions, and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Dismiss all students from the classroom before leaving the building.
- Complete a summary report for the regular classroom teacher of daily activities/events.
- Return instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place.
- Determine if his/her services will be required for the next school day.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by KindiePrep Director and/or substitute coordinator in accordance with school policies and practices.
- Knowledge of Department of Human Services Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Must be preschool teacher qualified according to guidelines set by Colorado Department of Human Services Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations
- Must be able to attend school’s substitute orientation session
- Fingerprints/background check (must be cleared before hiring)
- Minimum of four references
- AA or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Child Development
- Degree in an unrelated field with two (2) ECE classes, one being ECE 101, and 2 years of verifiable hours working with children between the ages of 3-5 in a child setting.
- Teaching license preferred
American Academy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.