1. Know your family's important account access information!
2. NEW Families ONLY: Opt in for emergency communications.
3. Download the school year calendar and note important summer dates.
4. Start summer reading (and history, for middle school only) assignments.
5. Sign up for an American Academy summer camp.
We hope your kids can join us for one or more of the fun camps offered and run by American Academy teachers and staff! For more details and information about current summer camp offerings, visit the American Academy School Store.
Participation in summer camps is open to ALL enrolled K-8 American Academy students who will be at least five years old by June 1 of this year. Parents of students new to American Academy in 2019-2020 must complete all registration paperwork for before signing up for a summer camp. Students may attend a camp at ANY campus and are not limited to the campus where they attend school.
6. Find a summer tutor.
Want a little extra help with academics this summer? American Academy teachers* sometimes like to offer private tutoring sessions during the summer months. We have listed those teachers here for your convenience and to give our wonderful, hard-working teachers a helping hand.
*American Academy is not responsible for or involved in these private tutoring arrangements in any way. To make arrangements for summer private tutoring, parents must contact teachers directly using the contact info provided.
7. Buy school supplies.
8. Plan for TWO summer registration events.
9. Get medications and immunizations ready for school.
10. Get ready to wear our student uniform.
11. Buy American Academy spirit gear.
12. Get connected to American Academy.